These Soundview Summaries cover the books’ main points and highlights and gives you a working knowledge of the latest business practices. A Summary isn't merely a digest or excerpts strung together, it's a seamless document that reads (and holds your interest) like a magazine article. Summaries not only save you time and money; they keep you abreast of the latest ideas and techniques, and they help you decide whether a book is worth reading in its entirety.
• 5, 000 word summary of each title in text format.
• 20-minute audio summary of each title available for download.
• Captures all of the key points of the original book.
• All titles have been chosen by Soundview Executive Book Summaries as among the best 30 books of the year in which they were published.
• Application remembers your current page for each summary so you don't lose your place between sessions.
• Three text sizes, including a large print size.
• Night mode can be turned on to make the text easier on your eyes in dim light conditions.
• Flip pages with the swipe of a finger or the touch of a button.
• Your current position in each audio summary is also saved between sessions.
• Built-in audio player works just like the iPod audio player.
• Volume is customizable within the application.
Entrepreneurship Vol. 1
NEVER BET THE FARM by Anthony L. Iaquinto and Stephen Spinelli Jr.
Entrepreneur: Be prepared. Never Bet the Farm celebrates entrepreneurship in its entirety, presenting a framework that can help entrepreneurs reduce risks and simplify decision-making. It is at once both encouraging and cautionary, but neither a textbook how-to nor an inspirational tome lacking substance. “We’re living in a world with unimaginable adversity and invisible threats, ” writes Iaquinto. “Why should entrepreneurs be any different from a sailor who stows a well-stocked emergency pack or a mill worker who puts a little bit aside each month for a rainy day or a Boy Scout following his motto, ‘Be prepared?’”
THE ART OF THE START by Guy Kawasaki
In The Art of the Start, Guy Kawasaki writes that his goal is to help you use your knowledge, love and determination to create something great without getting bogged down in theory and unnecessary details. At Apple in the 1980s, Kawasaki turned ordinary consumers into evangelists. As founder and CEO of Garage Technology Ventures, he has field-tested his ideas with dozens of newly hatched companies. In The Art of the Start, Kawasaki takes you through every phase of creating a business, from the very basics of raising money and designing a business model through the many stages that will eventually lead your company to doing the right thing and giving back to society.
HOOVER’S VISION by Gary Hoover
Gary Hoover, the founder of BOOKSTOP, Inc. and Hoover’s Inc., lays out a plan that can turn an enterprise into a success by showing entrepreneurs how to address inputs with an open mind, and see more than what others envision. Demonstrating how leaders can recognize the importance of history and trends, Hoover drives business owners to create and feed a clear and consistent vision, and helps them find the essential qualities of entrepreneurial leadership.
Soundview works closely with the leading business book publishers to offer summaries of the 30 best business books of the year to it’s more than 100, 000 worldwide subscribers. Soundview offers summaries in print, audio and digital formats for delivery by mail and online. And now they offer topic-based summary collections designed for the iPhone® and iPod Touch®. On the web at www.summary.com.